Often with the New Year we set ourselves great goals that over the months we are not able to fulfil. These are exceptionally large achievements that require a profound transformation and that is precisely why we leave it quickly because we don’t see fast changes and we frustrate ourselves. Sometimes we don’t need such great purposes to accomplish what we want. What do you think if this year we are going step by step with these small changes?
- Eat healthier, but allow yourself some concession: it's not about changing your diet radically. Balance is next to wellness. If you want to eat healthier, try to make realistic changes instead of radically changing your diet. It will cost you less to adapt to the change.
- Exercise regularly: January is the month with the most subscriptions to the gym - it is a fact. Make it your goal to go two or three times a week, but do not go the first two weeks every day, because by the third you will be exhausted and you will probably abandon it. Regular exercise with intermittent breaks will help you stay healthy without overexertion.
- Be positively realistic: visualize your purposes and the steps you must take to achieve them, but be aware of your possibilities and the obstacles you may encounter.
- Do not postpone your tasks: procrastination leads to higher levels of stress and anxiety. Although at first you think it is a good idea to postpose your do’s, at the end of the week you will feel better if you have fulfilled your tasks on time.
- Find time to be with your family: even if you sometimes feel that daily obligations don’t allow you a single free moment at all, try to take some time to see family and friends. This disconnection will help you with the stress and the burden of the routine.
Remember that in case of any doubt, you should consult your healthcare professional. A Happy and Healthy New Year!